The digital universe is growing and getting cloudy. More organisations are adopting to the changing landscapes and moving from on premise data centers to the cloud. Research predicts that by 2017 cloud computing will grow to approx. 105 billion+.
As a decision maker for the organisation, it’s your duty to plan for an informed and controlled strategy. A strategy that will assist your business growth and drive rapid innovation by aligning with your corporate plan, provide a competitive advantage and help increase efficiency & effectiveness for your users.
The technology is in true sense making a shift towards end user goals centric results based approach. The great debate for on premise vs. cloud or Hybrid has just got better. There are various options to choose from tailored to organisational needs – Private/Public/Hybrid cloud. So what does this mean for your organisation?
Cloud is a business solution
Here are many parameters to consider before making a decision. Identifying and building the right cloud delivery model is critical to achieving the required benefits
- Cater for your organisational needs and understand the business impact
- Tactical and strategic objectives
- Legacy Applications
- Software distribution needs
- Security, Privacy & Compliance requirements
- BYOD Do you plan to support Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
- SLA requirements to support business continuity
- Consider organisational Culture and appetite
- Sufficient Leadership involvement
- Define expected benefits to be tracked
- Evolve from your existing virtualised environment and transition rather than just replace
- Skills and training investment
- Budgets Justifications ROI (numbers do matter)
- Hire and partner with trustworthy vendors
- User adoption mechanism and appropriate change management to support the initiative