Customer Segment: Government Agency
Intranets and Digital workspaces should allow users to complete their tasks and not just browse for information. Also users should be able to access their digital workspace from any device and at any time.
Following were the key problem areas –
1. Some of the applications heavily used by the customer were on ageing Lotus Notes environment that needed to be redeveloped in an intuitive way and migrated to the SharePoint environment .
2. For the Intranet to be accessible via mobile device there was a need to have a fully responsive design that scales across various devices.
3. While the Intranets store a lot of information, it is very important for the users to be able to find this information very quickly. Search has to be robust and must allow users to quickly find what they are looking for.
4. Easy administration of the Content Management System and ability to quickly add/modify content without a need of in-depth training.
Prometix architected solution was based on SharePoint platform along with custom .NET development. We took an incremental and evolutionary approach to the systems architecture allowing us to focus and update on even the smallest required feature. The design was based on their existing infrastructure and security considerations. We developed web services to interact with their member database using JASON and web services calls to export specific information. A .NET based services engine was developed to monitor this process. LDAP queries in .NET were developed to import specific data from their Active Directory. Our responsive design framework was developed using front end technologies like HTML5, CSS3, AJAX and jQuery.
Prometix development was undertaken in three streams:
• SharePoint web parts development – Development related to SharePoint/Office 365 infrastructure
• Core Development – This includes core application development, service bus development & integration, UI development (not SharePoint)
• Data Migration/ETL – This includes data mapping and the management of the ETL process.
Testing and Quality assurance was a key to the project success considering high profile users of the system. A well planned and executed testing regime was developed. ISTQBT certified testers ensured the quality checks.
- Fully responsive Intranet portal accessible on any device allowing users to access and work through information at any time
- A phone book application that collects data from multiple backend line of business applications, allowing the front line receptionist to quickly direct calls and have key information about the high profile users.
- Convenience of accessing information anywhere anytime for users
- Easy administration for content owners