Customer Segment: Government Agency
- This government agency’s leadership team has identified the need to commission a series of initiatives to introduce more efficiency in the way they conducts business.
Their Intranet exists on aging technology platforms and has seen limited support thereby impeding the benefits
• A refreshed Intranet design optimising engagement and adoption within the government
agency to support internal communication and provide efficient access to information and
content across the agency
• Enhanced ability to easily search, navigate and quickly find information
• A new information architecture supporting consistent navigation and the surfacing of relevant
• Enhance business processes such as content management, authoring and publishing
• Improve the level of staff confidence in the content and functionality provided by the Ministry
• Deliver sufficient training and process improvement to ensure that the Intranet maintains highly
relevant content solution that is sustainable and continues to realize its expected benefits.
• Improve collaboration between various teams and allow for easier information sharing
Our implementation approach was to establish a platform suitable for the longer term enterprise information needs and to deploy the solution in discrete, manageable phases to reflect information management priorities. This approach allows to maximise the benefits of the investment quickly, whilst reducing the overall risk and cost.
The overall solution was based on SharePoint(on-premise) in a multi farm environment.
User interfaces were developed using HTML5, CSS3 and jQuery to provide a responsive design with a pleasant user experience while taking into account the WCAG 2.0 AA accessibility compliance.
Custom Webparts were developed using .NET for following areas –
1. Communities of Practice(collaboration)
2. Import ministry related data for tagging and searching purposes
3. Retrieve policies, procedure and notifications to integrate with the new Intranet solution using XML, REST, SQL and web services.
Considering the content served by the intranet was very sensitive, the security of the data was enhanced using SSL and point to point IP.
The project was delivered based on Agile methodologies. The development phase was broken down in various iterations based on priorities. This approach recommends the construction of initially small but ever-larger portions of the project to help those involved to uncover important issues early
- Enhanced communication and collaboration
- Intranet accessible over mobile device in a responsive way
- Customer was able to leverage a new CMS platform and its features while discontinuing their existing CMS platform