Customer Segment: Government Organisation
Our customer is a government agency and an integral part of democracy.
The Phonebook is a Lotus Notes application which forms a key part of the customer’s operations. The directory includes all key members and users. The user of this application would primarily be the front reception Phone staff talking to general public and other external users requesting for information or connecting with members of this organisation.
The application needs to be redeveloped and migrated to the new O365 platform.
Phonebook app provides a unified view of contact information and can connect to organisation’s various identity system including Active Directory, Security Pass application, HR system, payroll, external contractors’ systems and more.
The solution uses a custom service engine based in Azure to connect to different LOB and databases. This service reconciles data and loads into SharePoint user profile.
Customised user interfaces were developed suing SPfx for:
- Profile search
- Filtered views based on the meta data
- End edit pages for specified data types
- Admin interfaces
- Profile page for individual person
- Audit details
- Ability to have different views for end users and receptionist/telephonist
- Allows receptionist to add secure notes for contacts
- You can configure personal preferences (to display photo or not)
- Customisable look and feel to match organisational branding (look and feel)
- External contacts (who are not part of your AD) can be surfaced through this address book
- Set predefined views for contacts to display based on the data stored as part of the address book (e.g.: Display all the staff who have completed first aid training)
- Easy photo upload feature (single or bulk) ✓ Continently import data from predefined file types (once off or schedule task)
- Easy to use Interface
- Powerful Search Allows easily looking for the information based on full text search capabilities.